Wednesday 3 March 2010

The new year




















7th January 2010-01-07






It’s the new year and yes I haven’t written in some time!! Some time but here goes I’ll fill you in on what been happening. My last instalment Dougie and I ended up in a place called Holy Island and we went for a walk to a nearby castle. I had said it was too far at first but without even trying Dougie makes me feel bad and makes me push myself. So I did and we walked all the way to the castle. We then stopped off for tea and cakes at the same place mum and I had.






I got home on the Monday and since then I’ve been on high steroids. Main bad point being my face blew up. So after escaping the perils of moon face I now look like an extra from a moon pig advert. It’s a very trivial thing but pisses me off no end. Thankfully today I went down to 20mg of steroids so I’m hoping it may begin to go down. Between that and I’m also a little were wolf like.






When I first returned home my stomach was a problem, this time it was up the way, between constantly burping and farting and my tummy being utterly bloated with gas. Doug’s had moved in the day I returned home so not a great start me burping a lot. But as always he was great and rubbed my stomach for me which did help a lot. Over the weeks it has been getting better.






Mum and I went for a clinic appointment two weeks ago, the doc let me know that my tummy should get better and the acid reflux should go but if it doesn’t I may need to go into hospital for some further exploration as to the cause of it which may result in key hole surgery.






Christmas was great, apart from all this food and me trying to control my uncontrollable hunger!!! It really isn’t an easy task when you’re used to eating everything in sight to put on weight. I was spoiled rotten, it was a white Christmas and we had a ball. I was due to go to dougies on the 27th but he had a cold so I didn’t get there to visit him until the 30th. It was great to see his family,






Doug’s had told me I wouldn’t get his proper present till after Christmas as it would be about 100 squid cheaper. Unsure how to take that one and all the other folk thought it was terrible but on seeing my present it was worth waiting,. He gave me a bag which looked like a bowling bag. He told me I would know what my main present was once I seen the bag so here I was thinking we were now taking up bowling and he was going to buy me a bowls ball. Thankfully not, it was a slr digital camera bag.






I got him a watch, a unicycle and some other bits.






We headed to his mates Owen in Alyth-about a 2.5hours away for new year. It was just the four of us but I had a really good time, it was the first time I had got drunk. My stomach then decided to bloat up after but I was tipsy I didn’t mind so much, then my sugars went crazy so I stopped drinking after that and tried to control my 30 odd sugar reading.






Owen had awesome lanterns we lit after the bells, it was pretty great actually in total, we had planned to see the first sunrise of 2010 but alas the rest slept in whilst I was wide awake. I think I’ve mentioned the steroids do that.






On the Friday we went for a walk in the snow and it felt brilliant to not have to worry about breathing. Later we went to the cinema to see Sherlock Holmes; it too was great, although I wasn’t sure if I liked it even more as it was my first venture to the cinema. It wasn’t busy so I didn’t worry much. I’m getting better at moving away if I hear someone cough beside me.






So we headed back to Dougies parents and ended up with lots of stuff to take back with us furniture wise. His mum also bought us a new hoover which we desperately needed.






This moving in debacle caused a bit of friction at the beginning, seeing as I am just getting the house how I like it, its weird giving freedom to someone else to put stuff all over the place.






We returned on the Sunday 3rd and went to mum and dads for a curry. I haven’t tasted very well recently but it seems my taste buds are returning as the curry almost burnt my whole throat off lol.






So that’s us about there, I had to bleach the hair on my cheek, though supposedly it wasn’t very obvious but to me it was!!

No comments:

Post a Comment