Wednesday 3 March 2010

Friday 11th December


Dad came up early to see the docs before he was headed home. He has gigs tonight and I’m so thankful that he is in the position that he can come and stay with me, I hope he realises how much him being with me and supporting me means to me. Just knowing that someone is nearby in case things go hay wire is comforting. Although I tell him the opposite so that he will go to work, I know that he will head back asap if I needed him to.


I was sick this morning trying to take my meds, had to retake my anti rejection drugs, the magnesium makes me gag and brought up all the others which is a pain as I absolutely hate being sick. Of course no one likes it but I would rather get jagged than be sick.


Jim the doctor came in and said I would be sent for lung function and x-ray today to check my progress and Professor Corrigan said all set for leaving on Monday if all went well with my levels as he has changed my anti rejection drugs on account that I’m dark haired and probably will grow some extra hair on the ciclosporin. I said I didn’t mind, I mean gosh I have new lungs, I can breathe but he replied with”Oh in time you’ll mind, you’re a young woman”. Later I had a little look closely at my face and seen that indeed I seem to be growing a nice little mossy. LOL! So it’s probably a very good thing Proff Corr knows his shizzle.


Dad left around 11am and then I was transferred to Ward 26, I was a bit wary at first as I’ve always been in ward27a here but ward 27a is a high dependency unit and I don’t need high dependency. I have my own cubicle in 26 too.


I had a shower and it felt amazing, I blow dried my hair, shaved my legs –nicely cutting them in the process and got myself moisturised up. It’s the first time I have properly had a good nourishing wash and pamper since last week. I did have a shower on Monday morning but I was feeling terrible that Dougie had to blow dry my hair.


Doug’s was coming to see me this weekend as usual the pet that he is, but he was out last night so he went for a nap before hand and ended up arriving about 9.30pm. The nurses didn’t mind, I think because I am mainly self medicating and we were in a room so we sat and cuddled for an hour plus and I showed him my sporting new mossie.


I’m going to be on high level steroids for the next five weeks, but I need to curb my eating. 60mgs of steroids gives you an almost uncontrollable hunger; I keep eating so much I feel sick. Yesterday funnily enough was no different. So tomorrow will be a different day. No binge eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment