Wednesday 10 March 2010

Crackles, pops and snaps or just crackles




Last week everything got a little much for me, I ended up crying in college. The things that were getting to me :


I had had a cough for 5 weeks and on visitng the gp she said she could hear crackles, so had went to hospital who started me on orals but I could just see myself developing a chest infection.


I have so much work to do for college!! And I really want to complete this year.


My best friend Nicola was having a rough time, feeling down and there was nothing I could do as I didn't want to visit being a booger monster.


And I cried and blamed it on my course work only telling my closet friends in college Kimberly and Donna that it was probably more about the cough and Nic.


Talking about Nicola, I hope she doesn't mind me writing this but she is amazing. I think she is the bravest wee bear I have ever met and she is always there for me. It's completely selfish, I dont want her to feel ill cos I need her. There said it out loud. I need my best friend to laugh at my very bad jokes, which she always does!!


Anyway I visited gartnavel yesterday and they said that yes there were still crackles but that hopefully these would go away with a bit of physio breathing and in time. They suspect its a virus and it is starting to go away.


My lung function was up from Newcastle, I'm now blowing 4litres!! Friggin heck times change and I said to Doc Bicknel that my only hope is that others get the opportunity to feel the big change.


So I'm feeling happier. On sunday Dougie and I went for a 51/2 mile walk and on monday I went for a 41/2 mile walk. I cant run for peanuts but walking is good.


Today Sara came round to help me with my coursework by being my model, above are some pics of todays work. I'm mighty happy with it.


It felt like everything was getting too much but maybe its just getting manageable now. God knows how I did it with very little breath.




No comments:

Post a Comment