Friday 26 February 2010

Its day number three. . . .

Day three Saturday

My two lower chest drains were removed today, nice to not have any drains, now it’s just two to go.

Dougie arrived down on Saturday. I had said there was no use as he wouldn’t be able to get in but he wanted to just come down and wave from the window. He also brought me down my phone and some stuff from the house. Dad had gone to meet mum in Carlisle as she is staying at home at the moment. We were only allowed two visitors in so she is going to come down to visit when she can come in.

Dougie arrived and we tried to have a wee chat through the window, my lunch had arrived and being on steroids means it doesn’t stay around for long. Anyway the nurse asked if my mum was going to be visiting and when we said no she said Dougie could come in. This made Julie cry and although I never touched Doug’s or kissed him as he was unsure if his throat felt funny he was able to sit with me. Couldn’t hide the catheter but he seemed ok, surprised at how well I looked.

Julie and him went for some lunch and then they came back to see me. All doctors that have been coming in have been really happy with me so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment